Red Hat Training & Certifications
FOSTERing Linux is an authorised coaching and examination centre for various Red Hat training programmes and certifications.
Why Do I Need A Certification?
Certifications help validate the above mentioned essential credentials, besides:
- being a differentiating factor when applying for a job
- usually translating into better career prospects
- almost always leading to increase in salaries
- validating vendors’ credibility and credentials
Which brings us to the question below.
Why Red Hat Certifications?
Our software solutions and services arm, Keen & Able‘s background allows us to know exactly what the industry needs in an engineer/developer/administrator. While a Red Hat Certification provides an individual with the much-needed credentials to get a high-paying job; it is our specific inputs that enable him to meet the challenges of the Open Source world head-on.
The various Red Hat certification courses provided at FOSTERing Linux are:
- RHCSA — Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- RHCE — Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Red Hat Certificates of Expertise
Earned by passing upper-level performance-based exams in specialised areas of system administration, the Red Hat Certificates of Expertise are multiple domain-specific training modules:
- Network Services Security (discontinued as of December 31, 2013)
- Directory Services and Authentication (discontinued as of December 31, 2013)
- SELinux Policy Administration (discontinued as of December 31, 2013)
- Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA)
- Deployment and Systems Management
- Clustering and Storage Management
- System Monitoring and Performance Tuning
- Server Hardening
- OpenStack Administration
- Red Hat Storage Server Administration (GlusterFS)
A combination of the different Certificates of Expertise will earn you the following titles:
- RHCSS — Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (has been discontinued as an aggregate certification)
- RHCDS — Red Hat Certified Datacentre Specialist (will be discontinued as an aggregate certification on February 28, 2014)
- RHCA — Red Hat Certified Architect (will be discontinued as an aggregate certification on February 28, 2014; and will be relaunched later — details not announced yet.)
Apart from the above Red Hat Enterprise Linux related training programmes and certifications, we also conduct one of Red Hat’s JBoss training programmes — JBoss Application Administrator.