Red Hat Storage Server Administration
What is open software-defined storage?
Software-defined storage, or software-based storage, brings virtualization to enterprise data storage. It lets you abstract and pool storage capacity and compute and networking resources across on-premise and cloud environments to scale independently and beyond individual hardware components.
- Enterprise-wide file sharing with a single access point across data storage locations
- Nearline storage for infrequently accessed data that needs to be online
- Rich media (audio and video) content distribution with petabyte-scale storage and high-read performance requirements
- High-performance storage for bandwidth-intensive applications like weather prediction and oil and gas exploration
- Centralized Storage-as-a-Service to enterprise applications
- Back-up target and archive for on-site or off-site data protection
Red Hat has recently launched the hand-on and lab-based 2-day (16 hours) on Red Hat Storage/GlusterFS implementation and administration.
This course (RH 236) is for senior system administrators and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in the cloud. You will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using CTDB, unified file and object storage, and geo-replication.
- Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Install Red Hat Storage Server
- Basic configuration: Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
- Volume types: Understand different volume types.
- Clients: Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
- ACLs and quotas: Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
- Extending volumes: Grow storage volumes online.
- IP failover: Configure IP failover using CTDB.
- Geo-replication: Configure geo-replication.
- Unified file and object storage: Configure Swift object access.
- Troubleshooting: Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
Training Fee & Duration
- Duration: 2 Days / 16 Hours
- Fee: Rs 12,000/- + Service Tax
The performance-based Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam (EX236) tests your ability to configure Red Hat Storage Server and clients.
Exam Fee & Duration
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Fee: Rs 12,500/- + Service Tax